Wednesday 21 March 2012

(Day 14) Pre St Patrick's Day Night Out


Thursday 14th March (Day 14) 


Tonight was our St Patrick’s Day warm up night out.  The actual St Patrick’s Day night out was Saturday but we fancied a medium sized night out tonight.  We had some drinks in our back garden sat on our old sofas and armchairs around our outdoor table which is actually an old ping pong table.  We then headed off to a club in Sydney; the good thing about where we live is that most nightclubs seem to be within walking distance and after a few drinks that walking distance seems a lot shorter.

After paying to get in we had to walk up a few flights of stairs to get to the actual club, getting up these stairs was fine now but I could imagine getting down them towards the end of the night might be tricky.

I remember the club having 2 dance floors.  The main dance floor played various dance music and had a small stage area near the front.  The other dance floor was dark and gloomy but played indie music which I prefer but we actually spend very little time on this floor.
As a group we started talking to a lot of other people in the club which was great until they started talking to me.  About 90% of people I started speaking to immediately burst into laughter and said that I sounded like Harry Potter.  Maintaining a conversation with someone whilst they laugh at your every word is not really enjoyable.  Being told that you sound like some fictitious wizard kid is a bit humiliating to be honest.  To add insult to injury they started asking me to say Harry Potter quotes and asking me Harry Potter related questions.

Other people who annoyed me that night were a group of guys who jumped up on stage and took off their shirts and started prancing around showing off their well defined abdominal muscles.  Shallow guys like these irritate me greatly.

Despite being around girls who thought I was Harry Potter and vein guys who were in better shape than me I had a good night.  I had a good laugh with my new house mates and this was my first night out with them.


As for sounding like Harry Potter, I am terrible with putting on accents or changing the way I speak.  So what can I do?


Why Harry Potter, why not James Bond?

5 comments:

  1. You don't sound anything like Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but I think anyone English to a drunk Aussie girl sounds like Harry Potter. I would have preferred James Bond or Sherlock Holmes though.

      Delete
  2. "Being told that you sound like some fictitious wizard kid is a bit humiliating to be honest. To add insult to injury they started asking me to say Harry Potter quotes and asking me Harry Potter related questions."

    We did this to a kid at a party once. TO BE FAIR, he did look like Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bully Myles, he has probably never been to a party since.

      Delete
  3. MIKE! I am SO gonna make you say "Harry Potter" over and OVER again for HOURS. Tuesday is Pizza night - don't forget! - and you shall do what pleases me. ;)

    ReplyDelete